Altova MissionKit Announced
Altova, developers of XMLSpy (an XML editor), offers Microsoft .NET developers, software architects, and IT pros an integrated suite of XML, database, and UML tools in the Altova MissionKit. The suite of software tools works with Microsoft Visual Studio; supports the Office Open XML (OOXML) file format in 2007 Microsoft Office documents; and provides functionality for querying, designing, and editing data across the Microsoft SQL Server and Microsoft Access platforms.
The Altova MissionKit is available in multiple configurations for XML developers and software architects. All MissionKit editions include Altova XMLSpy, MapForce, and StyleVision, and options are available to add up to five more XML, database, and UML tools.
The Altova MissionKit includes the following tools and support for .NET Framework-based developers:
- XMLSpy. This XML editor provides developers with seamless support for Visual Studio; XML Schema-based code generation in Visual C#, Visual C++, and Java; support for editing, querying, and publishing Open XML in Office 2007 documents; integration with Microsoft Access and SQL Server; support for SQLXML XSD mapping schemas for SQL Server; and much more.
- MapForce. This graphical data mapping tool works with Visual Studio. It offers drag-and-drop data mapping capabilities; instant data conversion; royalty-free code generation in Visual C#, Visual C++, or Java; and data mapping support for XML, SQL Server, and Access, Microsoft Excel 2007/OOXML, EDI, flat files, and Web services.
- StyleVision. A graphical stylesheet design tool, StyleVision supports drag-and-drop XSLT stylesheet design to publish XML or SQL Server, Access, or other database data; generates simultaneous output to HTML, PDF, RTF, and Microsoft Word 2007/OOXML; and supports electronic forms design for use with Altova Authentic, a free WYSIWYG editor.
- DatabaseSpy. This multi-database query and design tool provides support for querying, designing, and editing SQL Server, Access, and other databases; includes a SQL editor with auto-completion capabilities; and extensive importing/exporting functionality.
- UModel. Altova s UML modeling tool supports all 13 UML diagram types, as well as code generation and reverse engineering for Visual C#, Visual Basic .NET, Java, and Visual Studio.
Learn more about all the features in the Altova MissionKit at http://www.altova.com/products/missionkit/software_development_tools.html. To download a 30-day free trial of the Altova MissionKit visit http://www.altova.com/download/missionkit/software_development_tools_enterprise.html. The Altova MissionKit includes up to eight products. Currently available in Professional and Enterprise Editions for both XML Developers and Software Architects, the MissionKit can be purchased directly from the Altova Online Shop at https://shop.altova.com. Altova recommends the purchase of its Support and Maintenance Package (SMP) with all software purchases. Learn more at http://www.altova.com/support_package.html.
Price: The Altova MissionKit includes up to eight products, with pricing starting at US$889.
Web Site: http://www.altova.com