A. Sometimes the protocol binding for Exchange can be wrong if more than one protocol is installed, for example if you have NetBEUI and TCP/IP installed, and you connect to the Exchange server via TCP/IP, you need to ensure TCP/IP is first in the binding order, otherwise Exchange will attempt to communicate via NetBEUI initially. To check/set perform the following:
- Start the registry editor (regedit.exe)
- Move to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Exchange\Exchange Provider
- In the right hand pane, double click Rpc_Binding_Order
- A dialog box will be shown containing a text string of the installed protocols separated by commas. You can move items, for example, you may want to move ncacn_ip_tcp (TCP/IP) to the front if you connect over TCP/IP. Make sure you keep them separated by commas!
- Click OK
- Close the registry editor
- Stop and start Exchange/Outlook