The structure of a table means its columns and rows and cells.
To insert or delete columns or rows:
- Select one or more columns or rows
- Right-click and choose Insert or Delete.
Click the Table menu and select from the Insert or Delete menus.
To rearrange columns or rows, you can either:
- Drag-and-drop. Select a column or row. Position your mouse pointer on top of the selected column or row. Drag the selection and drop it at the beginning of another column or row.
- Use Cut and Paste. Select a column or row. Right-click and choose Cut. Select the column or row you want to insert the cut column before. Right-click and choose Paste Rows/Columns.
To merge or split cells, columns or rows:
- Select the cell(s), column(s) or row(s) you wish to merge or split.
- Right-click and choose the Split or Merge command.