The Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer 2.0 is a tool to help small and medium size businesses determine if they are current with Microsoft security recommendations.
Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (MBSA) 2.0 is an easy-to-use tool that helps small and medium businesses determine their security state in accordance with Microsoft security recommendations and offers specific remediation guidance. Improve your security management process by using MBSA to detect common security misconfigurations and missing security updates on your computer systems. Built on the Windows Update Agent and Microsoft Update infrastructure, MBSA ensures consistency with other Microsoft management products including Microsoft Update (MU), Windows Server Update Services (WSUS), Systems Management Server (SMS) and Microsoft Operations Manager (MOM). Used by many leading third party security vendors including Tivoli, Patchlink and Citadel, MBSA on average scans over 3 million computers each week. Join the thousands of users that depend on MBSA for analyzing their security state.
MBSA 2.0 needed for Update Services compatibility: Users of Windows Server Update Services should update their MBSA to version 2.0 for compatibility.
New Features found in MBSA 2.0:
• Severity Ratings
• Locally and remotely scan for Office XP or later security updates
• Added guidance for locating updates and necessary actions
• CVE-IDs for supported updates
• Improved help content
• Windows Server Update Services compatibility
• Automatic Microsoft Update registration and agent update
• Support for detection of updates on 64bit Windows and Windows XP Embedded