When the store process starts, Exchange 2003 performs a memory configuration check to determine if the memory settings are optimal. If any of the following conditions exists, Event ID 9665 is recorded:
• Exchange is running on Windows 2000 Server and the SystemPages is outside the range of 24000 through 31000.
• Exchange is running on Windows 2000 Advanced Server, or Windows 2000 Datacenter Server, with 1 GB or more of physical memory and the /3GB is missing in the boot.ini file.
• Exchange is running on Windows Server 2003 and the SystemPages value is NOT 0.
• Exchange is running on Windows Server 2003 with 1 GB or more of physical memory and the /3GB switch is set, but the /USERVA setting is missing.
• Exchange is running on Windows 2000 or Windows Server 2003 and the HeapDeCommitFreeBlockThreshold value is NOT 0x00040000.
To disable the memory check, preventing Event ID 9665, use REG.EXE, built into Windows Server 2003, or installed on Windows 2000 from the Support Tools on the Windows 2000 operating system CD-ROM, to type the following command in a CMD.EXE window:
REG ADD "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSExchangeIS\ParametersSystem" /V "Suppress Memory Configuration Notification" /T REG_DWORD /F /D 1