When you add a new folder to the catalog, the newly indexed folder's content may take several hours, or even days, to display. The new files do eventually appear.
To workaround this unacceptable behavior:
1. Start / Run / Compmgmt.msc / OK.
2. Expand Services and Applications.
3. Right-click the Indexing Service and press Stop.
4. Right-click the Indexing Service and press All Tasks and Tune Performance.
5. In the Indexing Service Usage dialog, select Customize and press the Customize button.
6. Slide the Indexing slider bar to Instant.
7. Press OK and OK.
8. Right-click the Indexing Service and press Start.