After you install Microsoft File and Print Services for NetWare on a Windows 2000 Server, clients that use NetWare client software can access shared files and printers on the server.
To install Microsoft File and Print Services for NetWare:
- Insert the Windows Services for NetWare 5.0 CD-ROM.
- Right-click My Network Places and press Properties.
- Right-click Local Area Connection and press Properties.
- Press Install.
- Press Service and Add.
- Press Have Disk and Browse.
- Press My Computer and double-click the appropriate CD-ROM drive.
- Double-click the FPNW folder
- Press Open and OK.
- Press File and Print Services for NetWare.
- Type the Netware Supervisor password into the Password box, retype the password into the Confirm Password box, and then press OK.
- To change the folder that the SYS volume will use on the File and Print Services for NetWare server.
- Type the path of SYS volume folder into the Directory for SYS Volume box.
- Type a new name for the server in the Server Name box.
- To change the memory tuning parameters, press the option you want to use in the Tuning section and press OK.
- Press Yes to restart the server.