When you use the Add Printer wizard to add a printer on your workstation, you receive one of the following errors:
Printer operation cannot continue due to lack of resources. Access is denied.
Out of resources: Printer operation cannot continue due to lack of resources. The print subsystem is unavailable.
If you notice that the Print Spooler service is stopped, and try to start it, you receive:
Error 1069: The service did not start due to a logon failure.
These errors will occur if the Print Spooler service is configured to use an invalid account or password.
To fix the problem:
1. Start / Run / Services.msc / OK.
2. Double-click Print Spooler to open the Print Spooler Properties (Local Computer) dialog.
3. Select the Log On tab.
4. Select the Local System account and check the Allow service to interact with desktop box.
5. Select the General tab.
6. If the Service status is Started, press Stop. If you are prompted to stop dependent services, press Yes.
7. If you stopped dependent services in step 6, start them.
8. If the Print Spooler is stopped, press Start.
9. Press OK and close all dialog boxes.