The subject BSOD can be the result of using the wrong driver for your Hewlett-Packard (HP) printer.
To determine if you are using an incorrect printer driver:
1. Start / Settings
2. Right-click Printers and press Open.
3. File / Server Properties.
4. Select the Drivers tab.
5. Select each driver, one at at time, and press the Properties button.
6. If any driver contains the Hpbfff2.dll file, press Close and press Remove and Yes.
7. For each printer driver that you removed, add it back using the printer driver included on the Windows 2000 CD-ROM.