When you use the Windows NT RRAS Administration tool (Mpradmin.exe) and select the Area tab on the OSPF Properties dialog, the program hangs. You may also receive:
Access Violation (0xc0000005), Address: 0x7902112b.
If the default %SystemRoot%\System32\Mfc42u.dll file is replaced with a newer version, possibly as a result of installing an application, this problem may occur.
NOTE: Consider this problem generic, in that other programs, on other operating systems, can fail when a library (.DLL) that they use is upgraded.
To workaround this issue:
1. Create a new Mpradmin sub-folder.
2. Place an empty mpradmin.exe.local file in the new sub-folder.
NOTE: The <ProgramName>.exe.local file causes the local versions of any .DLL to be used, if they exist.
3. Copy the %SystemRoot%\System32\mpradmin.exe to the Mpradmin sub-folder.
4. Copy the previous version of Mfc42u.dll to the Mpradmin sub-folder. In this case, it may be obtained from SP6a.
5. Run mpradmin.exe from the Mpradmin sub-folder.