When you run Disk Cleanup, you receive:
About to remove a Windows system DLL: <Drive:>\Folder\Filename.DLL. Okay to delete?
You receive no information as to why?
- Downloaded and installed a program from the Internet.
- The program setup installed the .DLL file.
- You haven't used the .DLL file yet.
- The Download Program Files Cleaner in Internet Explorer has NOT been incremented.
- Disk Cleanup sees the file as unused, and offers to delete it, even if it is needed.
NOTE: Programs installed with Active Server Pages (ASP) scripts are NOT registered with Control Panel / Add/Remove Programs.
If you are NOT sure if the files is safe for removal, DO NOT delete it.