Using system services in group policy, you can define the start-up mode, and access permissions for all system services.
To add a 3rd party service to group policy, perform the following:
1. Logon to the Windows 2000 member server or Professional workstation, where the service is located, as a domain administrator.
2. If the Adminpak.msi is NOT installed, install it by double-clicking \\<Win2000ServerName>\Admin$\System32\Adminpak.msi.
3. Open the Active Directory Users and Computers snap-in, or the Active Directory Sites and Services snap-in if you want a site policy.
4. Right-click the domain name, site, or organizational unit (OU), and press Properties.
5. Select the Group Policy tab.
6. Edit or create a new policy.
7. Navigate to Computer Configuration \ Windows Settings \ Security Settings \ System Services.
8. Select the 3rd party service from the list, delegate rights, configure start-up, etc...
NOTE: The System Services branch is NOT available in the Local Computer Policy object.
For additional information, see: