When you try to install Internet Explorer 5.x on Windows NT 4.0, you receive the following error when you restart your computer:
An error occurred calling DllRegisterServer in C:\Winnt\System32\Icmfilter.dll (HResult 800700002).
You may also receive:
An error has occur while setting up C:\Winnt\System32\Icmfilter.dll this error has been logged, the installation will continue.
This problem will result if the Icmfilter.dll library is NOT registered, if it is corrupt, or if you implemented tip 0026 » NTFS - Disable 8.3 Name creation.
To resolved the problem:
1. If you had set NtfsDisable8dot3NameCreation to 1, set it to 0.
2. Try registered the Icmfilter.dll library by opening a CMD prompt and type regsvr32 icmfilter.dll. If the registration is successful, you receive will receive: DllRegisterServer in icmfilter.dll succeeded. If you receive this message, exit this procedure and re-install Internet Explorer 5.x.
3. Open a CMD prompt and type ren %systemroot%\system32\test.dll test.old.
4. Shutdown and restart your computer.
5. Re-install Internet Explorer 5.x.
6. If Internet Explorer 5.x is working, and you can re-implement tip 0026.