When you open a Web page, you receive:
The page cannot be displayed
The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.
This error can be caused by a corrupt Internet Explorer Index.dat file.
To rebuild the file:
01. Open a single instance of Internet Explorer.
02. Press Internet Options on the Tools menu.
03. Select the General tab.
04. Delete the Temporary Internet files.
05. Clear the History, deleting all items.
06. Exit Internet Explorer.
07. Logon as a user that is NOT having this problem and open a CMD prompt.
08. Type CD /d "<Drive:>\Documents and Settings\<ProblemUserName>\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5"
09. Type del index.dat
10. Shutdown and restart the computer.
11. Logon as the user who had the problem.
12. Open Internet Explorer and visit a Web page. Index.dat will be created.
NOTE: This same solution may resolve the inability to download IE 5.5.