To run programs for all users who log on to your Telnet server, and to change the Telnet banner:
1. Open the %SystemRoot%\System32\Login.cmd file in Notepad.
2. Change to the echo Welcome to Microsoft Telnet Server statement to the banner you want, such as echo Welcome to JSI, Inc. Telnet Server on Server: %computername%.
3. You could change the command prompt to reflect the server name by adding the following to the end of the file:
4. You can add the full path to the executable file(s) that you want to run after the cd %HOMEDRIVE%%HOMEPATH% /d statement.
5. Save the file and exit Notepad.