When you run an MSI package, you receive:
Error 1719. The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed. You may be running in Safe mode or Windows Installer may not be correctly installed.
To fix this problem:
1. Use the Registry Editor to navigate to:
2. Double-click the ImagePath Value Name, a REG_EXPAND_SZ data type, and verify that the data string is %SystemRoot%\System32\msiexec.exe /V, where %SystemRoot% is the location of your OS, like C:\Winnt or C:\Windows.
3. Shutdown and restart in Safe mode by pressing F8 when the boot menu displays.
4. After you log on, run msiexec /regserver.
5. Shutdown and restart normally.