When you try to perform the subject action, you receive:
Cannot display objects from this location because of the following error:
The server is not operational.
This condition will happen if there are no SRV records in DNS on the the trusting domain for the DCs in the trusted domain.
To fix this condition:
01. Open the DNS snap-in in the trusting domain.
02. Expand the server.
03. Right-click Forward Lookup Zones and press New Zone.
04. Press Next.
05. Press Standard secondary and then press Next.
06. Type the trusted domain name and press Next.
07. Create a new file named Domain.dns and press Next.
08. Press Finish.
09. Open the DNS snap-in in the trusted domain.
10. Expand the server.
11. Select the Properties of the trusted domain's forward lookup zone. Select the Zone Transfers tab.
12. Check the Allow zone transfers box.
13. Select Only to the following servers and type the IP address of the trusting domains DNS server.
14. Press OK.
15. On the DNS server in the trusting domain, open the DNS snap-in.
16. Expand the server.
17. Expand the Forward Lookup Zones.
18. Right-click the secondary zone and press Transfer from master.