Some anti-virus programs can interfere with the normal operation of your computer. Disabling the software often allows a file transfer or printing job to complete normally.
Unfortunately, simply stopping the services associated with your anti-virus is often not sufficient, as these programs install filter drivers which must be manually stopped. After stopping the services, disable the filter driver(s):
Windows NT1. Control Panel / Devices.
2. Select the driver(s) in the Device list and press Stop.
Windows 20001. Right-click My Computer and press Manage.
2. Double-click Device Manager.
3. On the View menu, press Show Hidden Devices.
4. Expand Non-Plug and Play Drivers.
5. Select the driver(s), right-click and press Disable.
Device names by product
Symantec filter driver - symevent.sys Inoculan V.4.00 - INO_FLPY and INO_Fltr Norton V.5.0 - NAVAP, NAVENG, and NAVEX15 McAfee V.4.03a - NaiFiltr and NaiFsRec