After you perform a clean install of Windows 2000, you receive:
Windows cannot load profile. It may be corrupt. Contact your administrator.
To fix this problem:
1. Create a new user account and make it a member of the local Administrators group.
2. Log off and log on as this new administrator.
3. Use Regedt32 to navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList.
4. Inspect the ProfileImagePath value name in each of the SID sub-keys for the Administrator account. This is generally the SID that ends in -500.
5. Delete the SID sub-key for the Administrator account.
6. Exit Regedt32.
7. Restart Windows 2000.
8. Logon as the new administrator account. Windows 2000 will create a new Administrator account.