If you delete a shared folder, before removing the share, the following event is generated:
Event ID: 2511 Source: Server Type: Error Description: The server service was unable to recreate the share <sharename> because the directory <drive>:\<folder> no longer exists.To prevent receiving this error:
Windows NT 4.01. Run File Manager, Winfile.exe.
2. On the Disk menu, select Stop Sharing.
3. Select the deleted folder and press OK.
Windows 20001. Run Computer Management from Administrator Tools.
2. Select System Tools / Shared Folders / Shares.
3. Select the share you wish to remove and select Stop Sharing.
An alternate method for both Windows NT and Windows 20001. Use Regedt32 to navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanServer\Shares.
2. Select the share you wish to delete and press the Delete key on your keyboard.
3. Exit Regedt32.
4. Shutdown and Restart your computer.