If your computer issues an Event ID 5001 when it comes out of Standby, you may have configured your network adapter to Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power, and the device driver does NOT properly handle this operation.
To resolve this problem, see if the vendor has an updated device driver. If not:
1. Right-click My Computer and press Manage.
2. Double-click Device Manager.
3. Right-click your network adapter and press Properties.
4. Select the Power Management tab.
5. Clear the Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power box.
6. Press OK.