1. Insert the Windows 2000 Professional CD into your CD-ROM drive.
2. Start your computer.
3. Press any key when prompted to boot from the CD-ROM.
4. Press F6 during the 3 seconds allowed, if you have third-party mass storage drivers. Follow the on-screen instructions.
5. Press Enter to setup Windows 2000 now.
6. Press Accept on the License Agreement screen.
7. Setup should detect your current installation of Windows 2000. If it doesn't, your problem is too severe to repair using this method.
8. Press R.