The easiest and recommended way to set the local Administrator password during a RIS installation is:
1. Using Notepad, open the \RemoteInstall\Setup\Language\Images\<Foldername>\I386\Templates\Ristndrd.sif file on the RIS server.
2. Locate the \[GuiUnattended\] section.
3. Change the AdminPassword = * line to AdminPassword = "", which allows the user to type the local Administrator password in the GUI mode of setup.
4. In the \[Unattended\] section, add a UnattendMode = "ReadOnly" line to prevent users from changing anything else on the Setup Wizard screen.
5. Save the Ristndrd.sif file.
NOTE: You may wish to run a RIS installation to verify your changes.