I first discussing enabling a write operation to the schema in tip 2645 » Schema Administrator requires new registry value name to enable a write operation to the schema?
You can also enable write operations to the schema by using the Schema Management Console:
- At a command prompt, type:
regsvr32 schmmgmt.dllNOTE: The schmmgmt.dll library has been successfully registered when a DllRegisterServer in schmmgmt.dll succeeded dialog box is displayed.
- Open a new management console by clicking Start, press Run, and then typing:
- On the Console menu, press Add/Remove Snap-in.
- Press Add to open the Add Standalone Snap-in dialog box.
- Press Active Directory Schema, and then Press Add.
- Active Directory Schema is displayed in the Add/Remove snap-in. Press Close, and OK to return to the console.
- Expand the Active Directory Schema so that the Classes and Attributes sections are displayed on the right-hand side.
- Right-click Active Directory Schema and press Operations Master.
- Select the Schema may be modified on this Domain Controller box. Press OK. Exit the console.
NOTE: You can save the Schema Management Console by pressing Save As on the Console menu and naming it Schema Management Console.