If you wish to uninstall Internet Explorer 5.5 from your Windows NT 4.0 or Windows 2000 system:
01. Logon as a member of the Administrators group.
02. Control Panel / Add/Remove Programs.
03. Select the Install/Uninstall tab.
04. Select Microsoft Internet Explorer 5 and Internet Tools.
05. Press Add/Remove.
06. Press Restore the previous Windows configuration --OR-- press Advanced if you wish to remove additional components.
07. 'Maintenance mode' Setup starts. Press OK.
08. Press Yes when you are prompted to restore a previous version.
09. Press Restart Windows when promoted.
10. Logon as a member of the Administrators group, WITHOUT ANY INTERVENING USER LOGON.