When you use Start / Settings and double-click Network and Dial-up Connections, one or more of the follow occurs:
- The Local Area Connection icon is missing.
- The Make New Connection icon is missing.
- Double-clicking Make New Connection generates:
Unable to create the specified connection. This can be caused by insufficient memory or not enough disk space.
This problem can be caused by one or more of the following:
- The Plug and Play service is not running.
- The Remote Procedure Call (RPC) service is stopped.
- You changed the DCOM default settings using the Dcomcnfg.exe tool.
- One or more of the following Dlls is not properly registered:
Netcfgx.dll Netman.dll Netshell.dllTo fix the problem:
Service NOT started01. Start / Programs / Administrative Tools / Computer Management.
02. Double-click Services and Applications.
03. Press Services.
04. Double-click Plug and Play.
05. Toggle Startup type to Automatic.
06. Press OK.
07. Restart your computer.
08. Repeat steps 1 - 7 for the Remote Procedure Call (RPC) service.
NOTE: The Network COnnection service must also be started. Its' Startup type is Manual.
NOTE: If the RPC service is disabled, use the Start value at tip 0324 » Registry entries for services.
NOTE: You may have to press F5 a few times, after the restart, to see the icon.
DCOM settings09. Start / Run / dcomcnfg / OK.
10. Select the Default Properties tab.
11. Select any setting other than Anonymous in the Default Impersonation Level box. The default setting is Identify.
Dll NOT registered12. Open a CMD prompt and type the following 3 lines:
regsvr32 netshell.dll regsvr32 netcfgx.dll regsvr32 netman.dll13. Restart your computer.