In window NT 4.0, Performance Monitor allowed you to gather information on many aspects of performance.
Windows 2000 has the System Monitor tool, which is even better.
Some of the notable improvements are:
Logging of just the specific counters and objects that you configure, keeping the log size manageable.
Print Queue monitoring is now available.
The log can be triggered by an Alert.
To create a new System Monitor log:
1. Double-click Performance Log and Alerts.
2. Right-click Counter Logs, Press New Log Settings, Name your log, and press OK.
3. Add the counters you want from the General tab.
4. Set the logging options you desire from the Log Files tab.
5. Set the schedule options from the Schedule tab.