When an Windows NT RAS client or Win95 DUN client attempts to connect to a Windows NT RAS server, they may receive:
TCP/IP CP reported error 1214: The format of the specified network name is invalid.
This can be caused by any of the following:
1. The autodial may have conflicting resource entries.
2. The client has an invalid or inuse statically defined IP address.
3. The RAS server has a corrupt IP address cache.
4. The client's RAS or DUN software may be corrupt.
Use one of the following to resolve the issue:
2. Use a Server assigned IP address by changing the phonebook entry.
3. Use Q124358 to force the RAS server to reset its' IP address cache.
4. Remove the client's RAS or DUN software and reinstall it, reapplying your latest Service Pack.