During the text-mode portion of setup, the only mapping that is used is from a US-101 keyboard. Everything you type on a Dvorak keyboard is gibbersh to the setup program. Once the GUI portion of setup starts, the Dvorak mapping is recognized.
During text-mode setup, the following processes require input:
1. On the first screen, you are prompted to enter a R to repair (or recover).
2. You must enter a S to specify additional devices.
3. If converting to NTFS, you must enter a C.
4. If you wish to change the default folder for a 2nd install.
5. If you need to manage the partitions.
To workaround these issues, use the following translation table:
US-101 Dvorak A A B X C J D E E > and . F U G I H D I C J H K T L N M M N B O R P L Q " and ' R P S O T Y U G V K W