After the install on NTWS or W9x, you restart the computer, but the SBS Client Application installation program does not finish the applications install.
The user does get a logon script and can access the SBS server. Desktop shortcuts are created and function.
Any of the following can be the cause:
- The computer was a client to another SBS domain.
- The client setup installation was previously aborted.
- A log file was corrupted during setup.
To work around this issue:
1. Delete the startcli.log file (probably c:\startcli.log).
2. Shutdown and restart the computer.
After logon, if the SBS Client installation doesn't continue, type the following into the Run line:
<SBS_SERVER_NAME> is the Computer Name of the SBS server.
i386 for a Windows NT Workstation client.
win95 for a Windows 9x client.
Click OK to run the setup from the SBS server.