While in WINS Manager, you see a WINS server with a strange address like 184.108.40.206, or 0.62.0.184, or 220.127.116.11. If you Show Database from the Mappings menu, you see an owner with these addresses.
This is usually caused by having the Remote Access Service (RAS) WAN Wrapper bound before your NIC. To fix it:
1. Control Panel / Network / Bindings tab.
2. Select All Protocols in the Show Bindings For list.
3. Double-click Wins Client (TCP/IP).
4. Select Remote Access Service WAN Wrapper (the first if multiple exist) and click Move Down until it is just below the NIC.
5. Repeat step 4, if necessary.
6. Select All Services in the Show Bindings For list.
7. Double-click each service listed, double-click the WINS Client (TCP/IP) and verify that the NIC is listed before any Remote Access Service WAN Wrapper. If not, move the Remote Access Service WAN Wrapper down.
8. Click OK until prompted to restart your computer.