A. We saw in Q. How can I specify an alternate HAL during Windows 2000 installation? how to manually select an alternate HAL during installation but this can also be done via modifying a file during installation.
- After the text-mode phase of setup completes but before the GUI stage boot into an alternate installation (or via a boot disk/CD)
- Remote the read-only, hidden and system flags from the txtsetup.sif file
C:\> <b>attrib c:\txtsetup.sif -r -s -h</b>
- Edit the txtsetup.sif file and search for ACPIEnable=
- To force ACPI to be enabled change to
To force ACPI to be disabled change to
- Save the file
- Reapply the attributes
C:\> <b>attrib c:\txtsetup.sif +r +s +h</b>
- Continue with the Windows 2000 setup wizard
You can also press F7 during installation to load a non ACPI HAL.