A. Outlook typically caches all passwords for the IMS, including for the POP and IMAP services. However, if you want to disable password caching for security reasons, Outlook will prompt you for the password every time it accesses one of these services. To disable password caching, perform the following steps:
- Start a registry editor (e.g., regedit.exe).
- Navigate to the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\10.0\Outlook\Security registry subkey, or create this subkey if it doesn't exist.
- From the Edit menu, select New, DWORD Value.
- Enter the name EnableRememberPwd, then press Enter.
- Double-click the new value, set it to 0, then click OK.
- Close the registry editor.