A. When you disable a device you may have to reboot and many of us would have experienced upon reboot the Blue Screen of Death and we are stuck. Below is a method to allow you to test the system without the device.
- Right-click My Computer and choose Properties.
- Select the 'Hardware Profiles' tab.
- Click Copy and give the profile a name (e.g., Device Test).
- Click OK and go back to Control Panel/Devices and disable the device you want to test using the "Device Test" profile.
- Restart your system and when the Hardware Profile/Configuration Recovery screen comes up, choose Device Test Profile and let it continue to boot.
If you don't see a blue screen of death, this configuration is probably safe. If you get the blue screen, shut the computer off and when it comes back up, choose Original Configuration and let it continue to boot. You can then go back into Control Panel and enable that device again.