A. You can specify alternate answer files for a RIS image by performing the following steps:
- Start the Microsoft Management Console (MMC) Active Directory Users and Computers snap-in (go to Start, Programs, Administrative Tools, then click Active Directory Users and Computers).
- Right-click the RIS server, then select Properties.
- Select the Remote Install tab.
- Click Advanced Settings.
- Select the Images tab, then click Add.
- Select the "Associate a new answer file to an existing image" check box, then click Next.
- Select "An alternate location," as this figure shows, to select where to copy the answer file from, then click Next.
- Select the installation image that you want to use for the new answer file, then click Next.
- Enter the location of the answer file that you want to copy, then click Next.
- If the file already exists on the target server, you'll need to enter a new name for the new answer file, then click Next.
- Enter a friendly description and name for the new installation option, then click Next.
- Click Finish.
The system will copy the new answer file to the i386\templates folder of the RIS image.