Sony Online Entertainment Itoday announced unprecedented incentives for EverQuest players who purchase Lords of EverQuest, its forthcoming fantasy Real-Time Strategy (RTS) game. Players who purchase Lords of EverQuest and register the game on SOEGames.net (using their EverQuest account) before 11:59 p.m. PST on January 3, 2004 will be eligible for a special phase of the EverQuest II beta. Additionally, current EverQuest players can receive an extra 30 days added on to the end of their current EverQuest subscription by participating in this promotion.
"These special Lords of EverQuest promotions offer a unique value for EverQuest gamers to experience cross-genre entertainment," said Michael Lustenberger, director of product marketing, Sony Online Entertainment. "Anyone wanting to ensure that their copy of the game is available on launch day is strongly encouraged to pre-order today because quantities will be limited."
In order to participate in the special phase of the EverQuest II beta (tentatively scheduled for Spring 2004), players must have an active EverQuest account throughout the special phase of EverQuest II beta. Players who purchase Lords of EverQuest will find an offer inside the box outlining all of the terms and conditions, as well as complete instructions on how to take advantage of this unprecedented offer.
About Lords of EverQuest Inspired by the world of online gaming phenomenon EverQuest, Lords of EverQuest features an enthralling storyline drawing gamers to the land of Antonica as they control one of 15 Lords and manage massive armies in their quest for domination. Lords of EverQuest will set new standards for the RTS genre with hundreds of items, spells, the ability for all units in the game to gain experience and abilities, and online multiplayer options (Internet connection required for online multiplayer game modes, online connection fees are the responsibility of the user) for up to 12 players per game via Sony Online's forthcoming SOEGames.net service.
With three different unique factions with which to do battle and a beautiful game world filled with breathtaking environments, Lords of EverQuest challenges players to command armies comprised of Humans, Elves, Dwarves, Fiends and even Drakes as they shape the past of the EverQuest universe.
Lords of EverQuest also features:
* An epic story playable from three unique and different perspectives that involves over 75 hours of single player gameplay
* Three completely different factions, each with their own special units and strategies
* Hundreds of items and magical artifacts to arm troops with
* 36 challenging single player maps and dozens of multiplayer maps
* Take command of one of 15 different Lords, each with unique spells and abilities which become more powerful as they gain experience
* Level up Lords and uncover even greater power as all units level up, gaining experience and abilities
* The ability to carry over key troops from mission to mission
* A Spell and Ability system with more than 125 unique properties
* State of the art custom 3D engine providing cutting-edge 3D graphics with more than three levels of zoom, 32 bit color and support for 1600x1200 resolution for superior detail