How do I enable network monitoring in Windows Server 2003? A. Network monitoring tools are part of Windows 2003. To install these tools, perform the following steps:
- Start the Add/Remove Programs Control Panel applet (Start, Settings, Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs).
- Click the Add/Remove Windows Components button.
- Select "Management and Monitoring Tools" and click Details.
- Select "Network Monitor Tools" and click OK, as the figure shows.
- Click Next to the main Windows Components dialog box. You'll be prompted for the installation media.
The version of Netmon with Windows 2003 monitors only traffic sent to or from the server. The Microsoft Systems Management Server (SMS) version can monitor all packets on the network.