If you’re going to change something completely and do it right, you might as well just start from scratch. Right?
Dell seems to think so – at least for its client systems management tools.
First off, the entire stack of utilities (10 of them) has been consolidated into a new grouping called the Dell Client Command Suite.
Next, Dell has renamed each and every single tool, along with giving each Suite member its own, new download link. And, yes, the company really is using the keyboard pipe (|) as part of the official naming.
- OpenManage Client Instrumentation (OMCI) is now Dell Command | Monitor
- Client Configuration Toolkit (CCTK) is now Dell Command | Configure
- Driver CABs is now Dell Command | Deploy
- Dell Client Integration Pack for SCCM (DCIP) is now Dell Command | Integration Suite for System Center 2012
- Dell Updates Catalog is now Dell Command | Update Catalog
- Dell Client System Update (DCSU) is now Dell Command | Update
- Dell Power Manager (DPM) is now Dell Command | Power Manager
- Dell Unique vPro Extensions for Server Essentials is now Dell Command | Intel vPro Out of Band
And, if that’s not enough to make your head swim, the company has added two new tools to the suite:
And, lastly, the Suite now has a new permanent residence (with separate links for each tool) on the company’s Wiki site, which can be reached by going here: http://Dell.com/Command