Day 2 of Microsoft Build 2016 kicked-off with another keynote session, the one designed to bring Azure opportunities to the developers in attendance. And, despite an endless list of enhancements and improvements in Azure services each month for the last few years, Microsoft was able to deliver even more new product enrichments as a set of concentrated announcements during the 3 hour opening event.
Here’s what was announced in relation to working in cooperation or directly with Azure:
- Azure IoT Starter Kits are now available for purchase from partners.
- Azure IoT Hub device management will be available later in Q2.
- Azure IoT Gateway SDK preview will be available later in Q2.
- Azure Service Fabric general availability.
- Azure Functions preview available now.
- Available now, Cortana Intelligence Suite is the new name for Cortana Analytics Suite.
- Power BI Embedded preview available now.
- DocumentDB protocol support for MongoDB preview available now.
- Azure Developer Tools available now.
- Virtual Machine Scale Sets general availability.
- Storage Service Encryption preview available now.
- Available now, Microsoft Bot Framework enables organizations to build intelligent agents.
- Microsoft Cognitive Services preview available now.