A. The normal method is to edit the file %systemroot%\system32\ras\modem.inf. Edit the file, find the sections relating to your modem and find the line
Change the numeric value to the number of rings to answer after, e.g.
would answer after 10 rings (you must really hate your users, don't we all :-) ). You must restart Windows NT for this change to take effect.
The above does not work if RAS is using any TAPI (Telephony Application Programming Interface )/Unimodem-based devices. If this is the case perform the following:
- Start the registry editor (regedit.exe)
- Move to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\RasMan\Parameters
- From the Edit menu select New - DWORD Value.
- Enter a name of NumberOfRings and press Enter
- Double click on this new value and set to the number of rings you want the RAS Server to wait before answering the phone (1-20). Any number greater than 20 and the default value of 1 is used. Click OK
- Close the registry editor