Rack power distribution units, also known as rack PDUs, are a key component to any IT environment. As the name suggests, they distribute power to network equipment within racks. A common misconception is that they’re just power strips, and at first glance, they even look like it, but modern rack PDUs provide benefits a simple power strip cannot. Some of the valuable features include network connectivity, environmental monitoring and remote access, but we’ll get more into that later.
This 20-page guide should help you get familiar with power distribution, gain interesting insights and learn some key considerations for future IT investments. It covers:
- Type of power distribution
- Rack PDU installation options
- Gaining a full understanding of PDU technology
- Questions to consider when choosing a PDU
- Typical PDU configurations with UPS models
- PDU software capability