Available On Demand
This webinar is for techies by techies. Join IT Pro Today Senior Contributing Editor, Michael Otey, to learn about the best tools and technologies to boost the business continuity of your mission-critical applications. He’ll discuss today’s biggest data protection challenges and the costs of downtime to your business.
You’ll learn how Recovery Point Objectives (RPOs) and Recovery Time Objects (RTOs) can influence your availability strategies and get a deep dive into the details of today’s high availability technologies for the Windows Server infrastructure helping you select the best technologies for your own business continuity requirements.
Next, Don Kirouac, Technical Marketing Engineer for Pure Storage will present a deep dive on Purity ActiveCluster, including a live demo. ActiveCluster requires minimal configuration and provides zero RPO and zero RTO between two FlashArrays with true Active/Active synchronous replication for transparent failover.
The one-hour webinar will cover:
- Synchronous Replication: Writes are synchronized between arrays and protected in non-volatile RAM (NVRAM) on both of the arrays before being acknowledged to the host.
- Symmetric Active/Active: Read and write to the same volumes on either side of the mirror, with optional host-to-array site awareness.
- Transparent Failover: Automatic Non-disruptive failover between synchronously replicating arrays and sites with automatic resynchronization and recovery.
- No Bolt-ons & No Licenses: No additional hardware required, no software licenses required, upgrade the Purity Operating Environment and go active/active.
- Integrated Pure1 Cloud Mediator: Automatically configured passive mediator that allows transparent failover and prevents split-brain, without the need to deploy and manage another component. Live demo of ActiveCluster
If you have already registered, click here to access
Michael Otey is a senior contributing editor for ITPro Today and is president of TECA a technical writing, content creation, software-development and consulting company in Portland, Oregon. Michael is a former SQL Server Microsoft MVP. He covers data center, SQL Server, Windows Server, virtualization, hardware, storage, Azure, the hybrid cloud, systems management, VMware vSphere, containers, and PowerShell.
Don Kirouac Technology Marketing Engineer at Pure Storage
Don is a member of Pure’s Technical Marketing team, responsible for FlashArray replication features, including ActiveCluster as well as FlashArray Performance. He has over 20 years, of experience supporting storage network switches, systems, and storage technologies through various roles in solution delivery, architecture, pre-sales and technical marketing. Don studied Computer Mathematics and Economics at Keene State College and Clark University.