Our client, a US-based international mining company and a Fortune 500 enterprise with presence across Asia and Americas, was struggling to manage, store and analyze massive volumes of data on a legacy on-premises data warehouse (DW) hosted on Teradata.
Business and Technical Challenges
- Existing DW application that sits on Teradata appliance proved very expensive for processing the huge amount of IoT data generated from the haul trucks deployed for their mining business
- Data streamed from IoT devices moved to the warehouse through batch process that limited the possibility of any real-time analytics
- Lack of scalability for business demands
Unearthing a Data Solution
We did a thorough questionnaire-based cloud readiness assessment and identified the best fit-for-purpose cloud stack – Snowflake which provides a modern DW and analytics ecosystem. Hexaware proposed moving from Teradata and Hadoop to Snowflake database and introduced streaming data analytics by leveraging Azure Databricks.
We leveraged AmazeTM for Data & AI platform for automated assessment, conversion, and validation during the Snowflake transformation.
Business Benefits of AmazeTM for Data & AI in the Snowflake Transformation
- 70% effort reduction vis-à-vis manual execution
- 50% reduction in TCO
- Code analysis report helps in understanding code complexity and planning for manual efforts Overall reduction in environment transformation timelines
Brought to you by: