When you perform a complete restore using NTBackup, including the system state, some of your peripheral devices may NOT be properly restored.
When you have more than one of a specific device installed, limitation of the system state restore may prevent specific registry keys from being restored. This may prevent the system from enumerating all the devices in your computer.
NOTE: This may happen even if you only have one of a specific device.
To workaround this feature, delete and re-install every affected device:
1. Right-click My Computer and press Manage.
2. Double-click Device Manager to expand it.
3. On the View menu, press Show hidden devices.
4. Right-click each device that you need to re-install and press Uninstall.
5. Right-click the computer name at the top of the right-hand Device Manager pane and press Scan for hardware changes.
6. Follow the on-screen instructions to install the proper drivers.