A. You should be aware that you can't restore an IIS metabase backup from another computer; however, Microsoft provides utilities for copying IIS configuration information between machines. To restore an IIS metabase backup, perform the following steps:
- Start the Microsoft Management Console (MMC) Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager snap-in (go to Start, Programs, Administrative Tools, then click Internet Information Services Manager).
- Right-click the name of the machine that hosts the IIS services, then select Backup/Restore Configuration from the All Tasks menu.
- Select the backup you want to restore, then click Restore, as this figure shows.
- When the system asks whether you're sure that you want to continue, click Yes.
- If the backup is password protected, you'll need to enter the password.
- After the backup restoration is finished, click OK to close the confirmation window.