When you implement Active Directory and DNS, the SRV record is missing from the DNS database and DNS Management Console?
This problem will occurs if:
- The DNS server is configured as a DHCP client.
- The DNS zone is NOT the Active Directory domain name.
- The DNS zone does NOT allow dynamic updates.
To fix the problem:
1. Configure the DNS server with a static IP address.
2. Create a forward lookup zone with the Active Directory domain name.
3. Allow dynamic updates on the domain zone.
4. Stop and restart the NetLogon service.
5. Run the netdiag /fix command on the domain controller to verify that all SRV records that are in the %SystemRoot%\system32\config\netlogon.dns file are registered on the primary DNS server.
NOTE: See tip 3412.