When you try to join a Windows 2000 computer to an Active Directory domain, you receive:
The following error occurred when attempting to join <Domain Name>. The network path was not found.
A common reason for this error is the use of an incorrect IP address for the DNS server.
To fix the problem:
1. Start / Settings / Network and Dialup Connections / Local Area Connection / Properties.
2. Select Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) and press Properties.
3. Press the Advanced button.
4. Select the DNS tab.
5. Select the bad IP address and press Edit.
6. Type the correct IP address for the DNS server.
7. Press OK.
8. Press OK on all open dialogs to close them.
9. Press Close.