You can publish a shared folder, including a DFS share, in Active Directory.
The process requires two steps, creating the share and publishing it in the Active Directory.
1. Create the share and assign appropriate permissions.
2. Start / Run / dsa.msc / OK.
3. Press OK to start the Active Directory Users and Computers snap-in.
4. Double-click the domain object to expand it and select the Organizational Unit (OU) in which you want to publish. You can create a new OU by right-clicking the domain object, pressing New and Organizational Unit. Enter the OU name you want to use and press OK
5. Right-click the OU and press New / Shared Folder.
6. Enter the name you wish to users to see the share as.
7. Enter the UNC path to the share, \\ServerName\ShareName or \\DomainName.com\DFSrootName.
Users can browse:1. Open My Network Places or Network Neighborhood.
2. Double-click Entire Network.
3. Select Entire Contents.
4. Double-click Directory.
5. Double-click the domain name.
6. Double-click the OU.
7. To view the files, right-click the published name and press Open.
Users can search:1. Repeat steps 1 - 4 in the browse instructions.
2. Right-click the domain and press Find (or expand to the OU, right-click the OU and press Find).
3. Select Shared Folders in the drop-down box.
4. Type the name of the shared folder you want to find into the Find box. You can enter the beginning of the name and/or use wildcard characters.
5. Press Find Now.
6. To view the files, right-click the published name and press Open.