A. Because a CSV is available to all nodes in a cluster, you can know that nodes don't lock at the LUN level. Instead, nodes lock at the file level with CSV, which means only one node can access a particular VHD at any one time.
- How do I create a failover cluster in Windows Server 2008?
- Is a Windows Server 2003 and Windows Server 2008 mixed-cluster possible?
- How can I add disk resources to a Windows Server 2008 cluster from the command line?
- How do cluster shared volumes work in Windows Server 2008 R2?
- How to Manage Failover Clusters in Windows Server 2008
- Configure Windows Server 2008 Failover Clustering from the Command Line
Check out hundreds more useful Q&As like this in John Savill's FAQ for Windows. Also, watch instructional videos made by John at ITTV.net.