Last week during Build 2015 Microsoft released build 10074 of Windows 10 for Insiders.
That build, as others in the past, had its own share of bugginess and so Microsoft has released KB3061161 through Windows Update in order to address some of those items.
According to the knowledge base article this patch update not only makes the fixes listed below but also provides some performance improvements.
Here is the list of fixes:
- The Start menu and Cortana do not open on Windows 10 Insider Preview after upgrading from Windows 10 Technical Preview
- Windows Error Reporting data remain in queue and are not uploaded
- Updated versions of preinstalled apps might not install with error 0x8004264A after upgrading to Windows 10 Insider Preview
- Qualcomm Atheros Bluetooth radio controllers might not function and indicate a Code 43 error in Device Manager
- Automatic updates might not initiate on mobile devices if an app on the device is not in the Store catalog
- Apps that are deployed to an SD card on mobile devices might not install or open
- This update fixes a hang that can occur when updating battery status
One of the improvements to build 10074 this update adds is the Dolby Digital Plus codec plus the aforementioned performance enhancements.
To get this update just navigate to Settings>Update and security>Windows Update and check for new updates.